Our Core Values
The values listed provide guidance to team members on how they should interact with one another and the public as we serve our community. An organization-wide effort that included City Council and every employee led to the defining of the City's core values.
- Honesty/Integrity: We understand that in order to maintain the public's trust we must hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of ethical conduct, honesty, and fairness.
- Respect: We value all citizens and team members, treating everyone with dignity, courtesy, and professionalism.
- Equality: We have a responsibility to treat all citizens and team members fairly and with respect.
- Diversity: We strive to be representative, open-minded, and flexible as we recognize and respect the diverse ideas, expressions, traditions, and experiences of our community and team members.
- Balance: We recognize the various interests in our community and organization and believe we can achieve stability with realistic expectations regarding service levels, resources, costs, and benefits.
- Competency: Our commitment to high-level service begins with a knowledgeable, skilled, and dependable team capable of meeting the community's needs.
- Teamwork: We are committed to working with our citizens and team members in an environment where we are supportive of each other's efforts, loyal to one another, and communicate openly.
- Service Excellence: We take pride in our community and the services we provide, always doing our best to meet the needs of our residents, businesses, and visitors with care and professionalism.