- City Services
- COVID-19 Resources
COVID-19 Resource Page
The City of Clinton remains committed to serving our citizens. We continue to monitor the situation and follow the advice of public health officials as it relates to COVID-19. We ask our citizens comply with the guidance and regulations being issued by public health agencies and public officials.
Sampson County Health Department Vaccine Information Page
NC Department of Health and Human Services Vaccine Information Page
Important Phone Numbers:
Sampson County Health Department COVID-19 direct line (910) 490-1056
State of NC COVID-19 Call Center at 866-462-3821
NC 211 Hotline for general inquiries regarding state agencies Dial 211
Hope4NC Mental Health Hotline 855-587-3463
Public Health Information:
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Sampson County COVID-19 Resource Page
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Sampson Regional Medical Center
What the City is Doing
The City provides many essential government services to our citizens and keeping those services up and running is our highest priority. Along with Sampson County and municipalities across the state, the City of Clinton has declared a state of emergency as an administrative measure allowing us to more effectively respond as situation unfolds and best serve our citizens.
- City facilities are open to the public. We ask visitors follow CDC guidelines related to masks and other precautions.
- Citizens can reach us remotely for service needs. Many issues can be handled by phone, online, or by email. City Staff Directory.
- Sports and athletic programs have resumed generally following the guidelines of the NC High School Athletics Association (Contact Recreation for Details).
- Parks & playgrounds are open.
- The Royal Lane Pool was in operation for the 2021 which ended on Labor Day.
- Recreation centers are open with precautions in place.
- The 2021 Square Fair (BBQ Cookoff) is being planned with additional precautions and modifications.
- The 2021 Christmas in the City is being planned with additional precautions and modifications.
Protecting Our Workplace
- We are keeping City employees informed with the latest information from public health officials.
- We are encouraging good hygiene practices in the workplace.
- We have equipment for enhanced cleaning when needed.
- We are following CDC guidance as it relates to quarantine and returning exposed employees to work safely.
- We have implemented flexible use of sick and vacation time and options for remote work when possible.
Unfortunately, there are COVID-19 related scams. Tips on avoiding and reporting COVID-19 scams can be found on NC Attorney General’s website and the US Justice Department website.
US Justice Department COVID-19 Page
Housing Opportunities & Prevention of Evictions (HOPE) Rent & Utility Assistance for Individuals
Mortgage Utility Rent Relief (MURR) Rent & Utility Assistance for Business
US Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Assistance
IRS Page regarding Economic Impact Payments to Individuals
Register with NC Dept of Revenue as an Essential Business
NC Rapid Recovery Small Business Recovery Lending
NC Main Street Conference COVID-19 Page (Not Just for Downtown Business)
Local Initiatives Support Corporation Rural Relief Small Business Grants